Removing Chewing Gum From Your Shoes
A friend of mine stepped in some gum recently with leather-bottomed shoes and asked if I knew a way to get rid of the gum. I admitted I didn’t, but thought the question was worth researching. It’s probably inevitable that we’ll all step on a piece at some point.
The most common tactic discussed involves finding a way to freeze the gum. You could put your shoe inside a giant plastic bag and inside the freezer for a few hours, then try to scrape it off with a dull knife, razor blade or even a popsicle stick. Other freezing methods involve rubbing an ice cube over the gum or even shooting the gum directly with a can of compressed cleaning air.
You’ll likely still have some residue after you’ve removed the bulk of the gum. The most common suggestion I’ve seen is to use rubbing alcohol on a paper towel. Another suggestion is Goo Gone. You may want to consider rubbing some leather conditioner on the area after you’re done — alcohol tends to remove moisture.
Ten Menswear Wardrobe Essentials
We all have favorites that we can mix and match to feel comfortable and look our best. On any given day I am wearing some combination of these clothes and accessories. This is my look and personal style.
What are your ten wardrobe essentials? Send your replies and I will post some next week.
1) Blue Blazer- this one is a cashmere herringbone from Napoli Su Misura
2) White Oxford Cloth Button Down shirt - Brooks Brothers
3) End on end blue spread collar shirt- My Tailor
4) Gray wool flannels - Salvatore Ambrosi
5) Levis - 1947 LVC 501XX
6) White linen pocket square - A Suitable Wardrobe
7) Croc Belt - Polo Ralph Lauren
8) Silk Knit Tie - Luciano Barbera
9) Navy Crew Neck Cashmere Sweater- Borrelli
10) Suede Cap Toe - Crocket & Jones
Twice a year, between the months of February and March, the Atlantic Ocean waters roll up the Amazon river, in Brazil, generating the longest wave on the Earth. The phenomenon, known as the Pororoca, is caused by the tides of the Atlantic Ocean wich meet the mouth of the river. This…